Thursday, September 6, 2012

Shenandoah

Yesterday we had our first mid-week game.  I had class from nine to one and then I had to head over to the field to get ready for our four pm game.  Shenandoah was coming to play and we had a full scouting meeting to go over their style of play.  We ended up winning 4 to 1 which is great to get our first team win, but I had somewhat of a bad day.  From the beginning I just felt like I couldn't really get going.  It was kind of weird.  I don't know if I was tired or what, but I just really wasn't feeling it.  I got in the first half with like 20 minutes left and played very average.  Definitely not as good as I played on Saturday and I was kind of disappointed.  In the second half the other competitor for left mid entered before me and he played well.  He scored our third goal as well.  I got in with like five minutes left in the game at attacking center mid.  I'm really going to have to battle for that second left mid spot now.  I know that I can't always compare myself to others but if I'm not better than him, then I'm not going to see as much time.  Everyone keeps saying I need to look forward so I'm just going to put that game behind me and look forward to our two more games this weekend in New Jersey.

-TZ

1 comment:

  1. Nice win T. And yes, they are right...move forward. Its funny that we become so emotionally attached to our sport and passion of playing, but you will ironically become a BETTER player if you can emotionally DEtach yourself from playing great vs. playing "average" as you said. You take the experience, learn from it, enjoy it if it was a win, and then let it go...by doing so you open yourself up to greater victories and potential.
    New day, new opportunity for improvement :)

    Keep the train rolling forward!

    ReplyDelete