Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Catching Up

Thanks to one of my loyal followers, I was informed that i hadn't updated the blog in about nine days now.  I can't believe it's been that long, but I'm definitely staying busy.  

On a soccer note, since Greensboro we beat Shenandoah last Wednesday and tied Washington and Lee on Saturday.  I got the start for both games so I'm pleased about that.  Also very exciting I scored my first official regular season goal in my collegiate career against Shenandoah.  They were pretty terrible but I had a good game nonetheless.  I got the first assist to Hunter on a nice thru ball and then I had the second goal off of a cross from Earl where I took a touch and then just hit it far post.  Shenandoah somehow tied up the game 2-2, off of two of the luckiest strikes I've seen but we fought back in the second half winning 5-2, scoring two more goals off of two of my corner kicks.  I was very pleased with the win, although coach was not happy that we gave up two goals.  Then against Washington and Lee we played a very tough match.  They scored first, and were very cocky talking a lot of trash but we eventually tied it up in the second half while they dropped back and played very defensively, we kept attacking.  We dominated the play but even through double overtime we couldn't put any goals in and ended the game on a 1-1 tie.  I was exhausted after probably playing about 100 of the 110 minutes in the game.  It was also great to have Michael, Mom, and Dad at the game for support and I'm glad they could make the trip up to W&L.

Now we play Mary Washington tomorrow (Wednesday) at home at 4pm looking to get some revenge after they beat us 3-0 last year.  It's going to be a very hot day, but I think we should be able the get the W.  Then this week will lead up to our game against #1 Messiah on Saturday at home at 1pm.  It's a big week for the team.

My knees have still be really sore and the trainer confirmed that it is quadricep tendonitis.  I've used the stim machine and been heating and icing before and after practice.  I've even been riding the bike and doing light leg extensions, but not much relief.  I guess I'm just going to have to play through it. 

Classes have been going well.  I haven't been swamped with work yet, which is nice, and I'm enjoying most of them.  Economics is definitely a change of pace, discussing some national politics and current events instead of just numbers and equations from my physics and statistics classes.  

And then I can't write the blog without mentioning the Eagles after this week!  I don't think anyone was expecting an Eagles victory against the Redskins on Monday night, but it was great rubbing the victory in to all of the Redskins fans here at school who thought it wouldn't even be a game.  I'm very excited to see what they can do this year if under Chip Kelly especially if Vick can stay healthy.  

Now I'm relaxing tonight watching USA take on Mexico in the World Cup Qualifying match and doing some homework.  I'm also working on reading "Red Dragon" by Thomas Harris.  I've started reading books in my free time and right before bed, and this is my third book so far this semester.  I like it a lot better than just wasting time on my phone or computer before bed.  Anyway it's a very interesting book so far and I would recommend it to anyone for a quality read.  

That's about it for now.  Two big games ahead this week and we gotta TCB!

-TZ  

No comments:

Post a Comment