Thursday, October 3, 2013

Quick Update

I keep wanting to update this blog, but then I find myself doing other things instead.  Writing for the school's blog has been taking a lot of my "blogging time" and I mean, I'm getting paid for that one so this one gets pushed to the backburner.  Here's the link to that blog if interested.  I've posted three times so far, and I've been enjoying writing those posts.  http://cuaadmissions.wordpress.com

So onto the topic of soccer... It's been a tough grind as usual.  I haven't started the past two games, and seen a slight decrease in playing time.  Coach has moved the lineup around to starting Kevin Romano at outside mid and playing Jon Paciorek at right back.  This has decreased my playing time since now we have three seniors, Ben Sykes, and myself vying for the two outside mid spots.  I really need to score goals, which I have just been really unlucky with this year once again.  I've been shooting a lot more at practice, and I know my time is coming.  Coach is going to play the people that are going to win games, hence score, so I need to start putting the ball in the back of the net again.  I've just been working my butt off at practice every day so I'm hoping to stay in the lineups, even if not starting every game.  We don't have a midweek game this week and after a tough double overtime tie against out first conference matchup, Drew last Saturday, we need three points this weekend against Moravian.

Classes have been going decently.  I've gotten back my first tests in all my classes this week and some were a little disappointing, but I'm not too worried about it.  I think I'll be able to bring em up, since it's still early in the semester.  Midterms are up next in this upcoming week.  I've also been nominated as a finalist for four of CUA's nominations for the national Goldwater Scholarship which gives $7,500 a year to 300 students across the country based on school's nominations.  So that was very exciting to be one of five finalists of CUA's four nominations.

I also just booked my Megabus tickets to come home for Thanksgiving.  I am coming home on Monday November 25 and I'll come back to school on December 1.  The nice thing is I'll be home for my birthday as well with the fam.  I still need to get my tickets to come home for Christmas which will be only like two weeks after Thanksgiving.  So basically, once Thanksgiving gets here, the semester will be over.  Still got about two months until then, but this semester is already flying by.  We are already halfway through the soccer season as well.

That's about it for now.  I will try and update this when I can especially after Saturday's game.  So there's a short blog but there's a quick update from Tzimm.

-TZ

No comments:

Post a Comment